Although it may look like it is slightly difficult to adjust to life and work around a new baby, with proper planning, a calm mind and patience you can get through anything. While it is advisable to attend to your child yourself, it may be a wise decision to consult experts and have someone around. Many hospitals these days provide lactation consultants or feeding experts to help you with nursing and how to properly feed the child.
Here are few tips that may come useful in with newborn parenting:
- How to carry your newborn
- Clean hands and atmosphere: The newborns do not have a strong immune system so they are at risk of infection and any disease much more than any adult being. So make sure the baby clothes are not washed with hard detergents, people handling the baby have clean hygiene and always sanitize themselves.
- Support: The body of a newborn in some matters is very delicate , hence it is advisable to always support the neck and head of the baby when you are cradling the baby or carrying it or really any time of day when handling the baby.
- Bonding with the newborn
- Skin to skin contact with newborns is quite important for their physical, emotional and sentimental growth. You can start by either cradling or making patterns while cradling or handling the baby.
- It is important to note that for a new born it is quite crucial to feel the love to blossom more, keeping this in mind you can play with them, sing a lullaby while carrying the baby or simply be there for your newborn. Your physical presence cans also sooth the baby as babies recognize you by your scents.
- Massages: Baby massages are also important, keeping this in mind there are many videos and articles on which massage would be good for your baby. But before proceeding with this, please consult your doctor and remember newborns have delicate bodies.
There are much more topics that we can cover from buying clothes for your newborn to myths around the clothes. We can also look into bathing procedures and much more. It is quite alright to feel anxious for a new parent. Though have faith and patience, a few weeks down the lane you will have your own routine and versions of doing everything. For any questions on handling the baby or anything related to the baby consult the doctor first before doing anything on your own. Parenting can be as easy as